Back – To – School season is upon us and so I know that all of us college students are looking for all those deals in order to stock up our dorm rooms. Well for today, I wanted to list my opinion on the Most important items that you could have as a college student. This will aim mainly towards freshman just because if you have been in college for at least a semester then you know what you need and by now you also know what you actually don’t need. So here we go!
- Mattress Topper and Pad – you never know what will be in your dorm room before or during your time there. The Mattress Pad ( Protector ) was a must have for me. I don’t even want to think of what could have been in my bed with me…. sorry.
- Coffee Maker – My wonderful boyfriend actually surprised me with a Keurig for school but trust me, you don’t need a brand name coffee maker. If you only have the money for a cheap one at Walmart then go for it! Find your favorite coffee and then once you establish a routine, no matter if you have a K-cup to pop in or some grounds, it will go as fast as you make it. My coffee is what got me through the day and to be completely honest I may have had a second cup throughout the day.
- Full Length Mirror – I put this on here because if you are a freshman you never know what your room will look like. My sister and I are at two different schools and her room had no mirror what’s so ever in it but mine came with one so you never know and besides, you know you got to make sure you look cute before you walk across campus.
- Surge Protector – Trust me, your going to want one of these. You may have two outlets to yourself and that is if they are close to were you want them to be. I had my entire surge protector full with my hair tool of the day, printer, phone charger, lamp, and computer charger. FYI I had my desk right next to my bed as you can see in the pictures.
- Lights! – I had three strands of lights and my roommate had two. I bought some cute ones at TJMaxx and also some fairy lights as well. Sometimes you just don’t want to have the main light on especially is one roommate is trying too sleep and the other has to study. That can be a whole different situation, Just me!
- Bathroom Caddy – I shared a bathroom with three other girls and so it made it so much easier to have my shower caddy hanging on my bed and when I went to take a shower, all I had to do was grab it and take it in the bathroom. This will also be helpful if you have community bathrooms.
- Brita Water Pitcher – you never know what is in that water girl!
- STORAGE!! – Just grab every bin you see in Walmart, that may hold you down. 🙂
- Laundry Bag – I recommend this rather that a basket because it is so much easier to throw your laundry detergent and dryer sheets in and take it to the laundry room rather than having to carry a big ‘ol laundry basket around.
- Printer & Laptop – trust me, you will want your own printer, its not worth walking across campus to print a paper before class, even if it is counted into your tuition. You’ll also earn some hall credit for those that didn’t think to buy their own.
I hope this helps some of you!
Thank You for Reading! Have a GREAT day!
♥ Ashlee Nicole